What is the difference between life insurance and accident insurance?
By purchasing an insurance policy, a person, first of all, insures himself against unforeseen situations. However, situations are different: someone is worried about deteriorating health or illness, and someone is afraid of getting a plane crash. In accordance with their goals and needs, the policyholder can choose a life insurance policy or accident insurance (HC). And although these two types of insurance have a common task – to protect the insured, each of them has its own characteristics and differences. In this article, we will consider the main differences between life insurance programs and insurance from NS.
Features of life insurance programs
Life insurance is classified as a type of long-term insurance, so the insurance policy is usually designed for a period of 3 to 5 years, while the maximum duration of the policy is 20 years. An example is the insurance program “Life +” MetLife, which provides that in the event of the death of the insured, his relatives or friends will receive insurance compensation.
In addition to risks such as death, some programs may also include personal injury.
For example, the Prestige + and Life Protection + life insurance programs include an accident in the list of risks covered by the insurance.
- Under the Life Protection + program, the client will receive insurance compensation if the insured is diagnosed with a critical illness or condition (for example, cancer or stroke). In addition, the insurance policy guarantees an insurance payment to the family of the insured in the event of his death, regardless of the reason, as well as a double payment as a result of death due to an accident.
- In turn, the “Prestige +” program provides for the payment of compensation in not only in case of death or recognition of the insured as incapable of work as a result of an accident but also guarantees payment of insurance indemnity in case of survival of the insured until the expiration of the policy.
Among other things, both programs can be continued at the expense of MetLife. The “Life Protection +” program will be continued at the expense of the company if the insured is declared incapable of work. The “Prestige +” program provides for the continuation of the policy even in the event of death or disability of the insured, regardless of the reason.
Features of NS insurance programs
HC insurance guarantees material compensation to the beneficiary if the insured has suffered harm, in accordance with the conditions prescribed in the contract.
The main difference between insurance from NS and life insurance is that the sum insured is paid only if the insured event does occur. If the insured survives successfully until the expiration of the policy, the insurance indemnity will not be paid to him.
An insurance policy from NS may have different mechanisms of action – it all depends on the set of risks that the insured includes in the terms of the contract.
The main risks that are covered by NS insurance programs are:
- death due to illness or accident;
- permanent or temporary incapacity for work resulting from disability.
An example is the insurance program from the NS “Bonus 5” MetLife. The insurance policy covers cases of partial or complete incapacity for work due to illness or accident, as well as death as a result of an accident.
Another example is the Sputnik of Life program, which also provides insurance compensation in the following cases:
- death of a client as a result of an accident;
- complete or partial incapacity for work of the client as a result of an accident;
- diagnosing him with a critical illness;
- hospitalization and surgery;
- fractures, injuries, burns.
When choosing an insurance program, it is important to correctly determine the purpose for which you are purchasing an insurance policy. If you are interested in one of the above programs, but you still have questions, please contact our financial consultants for advice. Our experts will tell you in detail about all programs and will help you make the right choice!