Radical prostatectomy is a surgery that is widely used to treat prostate cancer, but it is a difficult operation. In the procedure, the prostate gland is removed, and some of the tissue around it, which also included seminal vessels.
Many people have experienced disappointing treatment. However, you cannot rely on any random doctor because while many of them have the necessary skills, skills alone are insufficient.
You need a reliable surgeon who is known to have treated hundreds of patients with prostate cancer. If you are diagnosed with prostate cancer, it is best to go for treatment. You must consult a doctor whom you can easily trust.
Continue reading to find out about the top prostate cancer surgeon.
How to choose the right surgeon?
Radical prostatectomy is not a surgery that can be performed by any surgeon. Furthermore, if you consult a bad surgeon, they may safely remove the prostate. Still, it will almost certainly involve many side effects that can further affect erectile function, disrupt the urinary system, and many other issues.
Research and analyze about the doctor thoroughly. Don’t rely on online reviews, as they may be posted just for promotion purposes. Take your time and choose the best surgeon who will help you treat the problem without facing any inconvenience or complications in the future.
Important things to remember.
- It is highly recommended to avoid those surgeons who push or market the surgery they offer.
- It is always suggested to ask the doctor about the patient outcomes. If they cannot answer, they do not engage with their patients and fail to follow their outcomes.
When is the treatment most effective?
Prostate surgery is most effective when the disease has not yet spread to other organs or regions. If cancer has spread to other areas, treatment is still possible with radiation therapy or systemic therapy followed by surgery.
What are the symptoms of prostate cancer?
In its early stages, you may not be able to identify prostate cancer, as it has no common symptoms. However, gradually, people observe some common symptoms, which include:
- Mild pain in the pelvic region.
- Regular urination problems.
- At the time of urinating, you may observe trouble, pain, burning, or a weak flow of urine.
- Painful ejaculation
- Lower back pain that is excruciating
- Weight loss
- Pain in the bones
- Appetite loss
Who is responsible for treating prostate cancer?
There are basically three types of doctors who treat prostate cancer. They are as follows:
- An experienced urologist who can easily treat diseases in the urinary system and the male reproductive system.
- A radiation oncologist can be consulted for treatment. They are responsible for treating prostate cancer with radiation therapy.
- A medical oncologist who treats prostate cancer with the help of medications, which majorly include hormone therapy, immunotherapy, and chemotherapy.
How to make the right treatment decisions?
It would be best if you discussed important things with your doctor to get the best treatment. Consider the following details:
- Ask the doctor about the stage and grade of cancer.
- Discuss the probability that the treatment will cure your condition.
- Learn about the possible side effects of the treatment.
- Tell the doctor if you have any serious health conditions.
Consider all the above-stated facts carefully if you want to know everything about prostate cancer and which El mejor cirujano de cáncer de próstata en Honduras you should consult for treatment.