Spectacles have been playing the role of vision correctors in our lives for generations, and now they work as fashion statements to improve our overall personality. The purpose of wearing spectacles now is not just correcting eye sights but playing a part in eye protection and style statements.
With the growth in eye issues, people are now more aware of protecting their eyes and maintaining good eye health, including spectacles and sunglasses for eye protection. Hence, overall, there is an increase in the eyewear market too.
People are spending more time with screens like mobiles, laptops, and computers; taking every healthy step for eye protection is essential because, in the digitalized world, moving away from screens is quite impossible.
Here are the different types of spectacles or Glasses:
Different types of spectacles are available in the market that you can buy according to your needs.
Prescription glasses or spectacles are generally worn to correct vision but that doesn’t mean they can’t be stylish. You can get a prescribed glass for yourself in any style you want. The best way of buying prescribed spectacles is to buy the frame according to your face shape and that is something that helps you enhance your features and revamp your look.
Prescription spectacles come in different types according to the eye issues:
- Single Vision: Single-vision glasses are designed to help people who require correction of farsightedness, nearsightedness, or astigmatism.
- Bifocal Lenses: Bifocals are eyeglasses with two distinct optical powers. Bifocals are commonly prescribed to people with presbyopia who also require a correction for farsightedness and nearsightedness both.
- Tri-focal Lenses:
Tri-focal Lenses provide an additional ability to view computer screens. These glasses with tri-focal lenses are similar to bi-focal but just because of the power of correcting intermediate vision.
- Multifocal Lenses:
Glasses with multifocal lenses come with contact lenses with multiple prescriptions all in one lens. There is typically a prescription for very close objects: one for everyday objects viewed at a distance and then for intermediate distances.
- Progressive Lenses:
Glasses with Progressive lenses have three prescriptions in just a pair of glasses, and with this, they allow you to do close-up work like reading books, scrolling screens, etc.
- Non – Prescription Spectacles:
Non – Prescription spectacles come for fashion and eye protection is an addon. Usually, people wear them as an accessory. Buy a non-prescribed spectacle for yourself if you want some accessories for good looks. The best thing is there are thousands of frame styles available that you can buy.
Computer Glasses are Non – Prescription Spectacles
Are you from an It Profession? Are you looking for something to protect your eyes? Computer Glasses are just for you. They can help you with stress reduction. Computer glasses have a good anti-reflective coating that filters out blue light and boosts the onscreen contrast so your eyes can easily see and interpret images on the screen without straining.
Now Sunglasses help you correct your vision by offering the style you are looking for. You can buy power and prescription sunglasses with power lenses and optical goggles with the number for men and women in different shapes and colors.
Before ordering eyewear, be clear about what makes you order it, and you must know your face shape and the suitable frames accordingly. Now that you know everything about the different types of spectacles, this is the right time to order the proper spectacle for yourself and your loved ones.
Sunglasses are protective eyewear that protects human eyes from the damage of bright light, dust, and harmful radiation by giving a style statement that can enhance your overall personality.
Cool, Funky, Transparent, Trendy, or customized spectacles come in different varieties, and you can buy sunglass how you want them to be. With the growth in online shopping, there is also a rapid growth in the online brands that offer sunglasses at such attractive prices and so many offers that it has become so easy and convenient to buy your favorite pair of spectacles online hassle-free.
There are five types: full-rimmed, rimless, semi-rimless, low bridge, and wire.
- Full-Rimmed Frames. …
- Rimless Frames. …
- Semi-Rimless Frames. …
- Low Bridge Frames. …
- Wire Frames. …
- Plastic Eyeglass Frames. …
- Acetate Eyeglass Frames. …
- Wood Texture Eyeglass Frames.
What are the different types of eyeglass lenses?
The type of lenses used in eyeglasses depends on the type of vision problem and may include:
- Concave lenses. These are the thinnest in the center. The numerical prescription in diopters is always marked with a minus (-) symbol. These lenses are used to correct nearsightedness (myopia).
- Convex lenses. These lenses are thickest in the center, like a magnifying glass. They are used to correct farsightedness (hyperopia). The numerical prescription in diopters is always marked with a plus (+) symbol.
- Cylindrical lenses. These curve more in one direction than in the other. They are used to correct astigmatism.
Eyeglasses for children
If your child is old enough, let them play an active role in choosing their glasses. Think about the features below when buying eyeglasses for children:
- Shatterproof and impact-resistant lenses, especially for children who play sports
- Scratch-resistant coating on the lenses
- Spring-loaded frames that are less likely to be bent or warped
- Silicone nose pads that prevent glasses from slipping
- Ear pieces that wrap around the ear (cable temples) are advised for children under four years. Straps may also be advised to hold the glasses in place.