Competitive pressures in the building materials and products industry are forcing manufacturers, and suppliers to find innovative ways to balance product quality and price. At the same time, building materials are subject to wear and tear from use and weather conditions.
The range of services allows you to meet the needs of multiple export markets with a single, reliable partner. We offer a “one-stop-shop”, providing quality assurance that reduces project lead times and builds loyalty and confidence in your brand and products.
Inspection, testing, and best buy construction materials also help ensure a high level of operational safety and reliability in your facilities.
What is Construction Materials Testing?
Construction material test in a detailed examination of all materials used in the construction of a structure. Industry players must ensure that their products can withstand specific conditions and comply with increasingly complex national and international building codes and regulations.
Failure to do so can lead to delays and poor-quality construction projects, which increases liability risks and reduce the life of your asset.
How a third-party construction material testing lab can benefit your business?
Manufacturers of materials and semi-finish products are responsible for the quality and performance of their products in the short and long term. Product tests and certifications provide manufacturers, builders, and developers with the assurance that the building material used in their project meets this quality, safety, and durability requirements. Building materials testing can help your company in the following ways
- Protecting your brand image – product testing and certification reduces the likelihood of costly and image-damaging product recalls.
- Faster time to market through compliance with internationally recognized regulations and standards.
- Reduce the risk of non-compliance and legal liability with an independent, unbiased testing service.
- Gain a competitive advantage – Independent third-party certification enhances the quality and safety of your products and builds customer confidence in your products and brand.
- Global support – We serve all major markets around the world and are backed by experts who are familiar with local requirements.
The range of services includes inspection, testing, certification, training, quality assurance systems, and consulting on safety and sustainability. Our expert is authorized to issue quality certificates according to a wide range of international standards and guidelines.
We support manufacturers by testing and certifying materials and semi-finish products such as ready-mix concrete, cement, stone, sand, earth, rebar, glass, insulation, wood products, wall plasters, paints, varnishes, coatings, metal products, masonry products, road construction products, membranes and waterproofing materials, building facades, etc.
What are the Construction Material Testing and inspection?
TÜV SÜD’s experts can help you ensure that the materials and products you use meet the stringent quality requirements of different markets around the world. We perform mechanical and chemical tests on-site or in our large testing laboratories. Our tests and inspections include
- Material selection evaluation
- Raw material analysis
- Damage analysis and assessment
- Non-destructive testing (NDT)
- Life Cycle Testing (LTC)
- Mechanical testing
- Material performance testing
- Curtain wall and skylight performance testing
- Acoustic testing
- Fire testing
- Green/ecological product testing
- Pipeline testing
- Ready-mix concrete testing
- Testing of civil engineering materials
- Façade waterproofing, airtightness, and wind pressure testing
- Corrosion and weathering simulation and outdoor durability testing
- Vibration, impact, and deformation measurements
- Endurance and cyclic performance
- Metallographic and microscopic examinations
- Welding tests
- Maintenance assessment
- Risk assessment of specific potential failure mechanisms
- Product type testing
- Normative testing by building regulations
- Strength and fatigue testing of beams
- Tensile testing of suspending cable
- Pre-construction and post-construction
- Structural and research studies
- Product Certification
- PLS (Product Listing Scheme) certification for construction and fire protection products
- Certification standards for manufacturers of raw materials used in pressure vessels and boilers AD 2000-W0, TRD 100, KTA 3201.1, KTA 3211.1, and the Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC
- Preparation and review of Special Materials Assessments (SMA) for restamping issuance and approval following PED 97/23/EC.
- Preparation or review of material specifications.
- Certification of recycled content of building products in accordance
Engineers can perform scientific analyses to determine the causes of material and product failures and make recommendations to prevent future failures. So, We can also provide technical support in contentious cases, such as expert testimony in court.
Quality Assurance and Construction Supervision
We provide a full project-based quality assurance system during the construction phase, monitoring progress and controlling materials and production processes to assure all parties that the project is technically and economically safe.
Safety and Sustainability Consulting
Energy and safety experts provide comprehensive services on the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of all materials and products used in construction projects. We assess the energy consumption, energy efficiency, and safety of all building materials to ensure the structural stability, safety, and fire protection of buildings and infrastructure.
A global network of experts offer training programs in ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 management systems for building material manufacturers, builders, and developers.
Why choose our building materials testing service?
With over 40 years of experience in testing and certification of building materials and products, and numerous national and international approvals and accreditations, So, we are one of the most reputable certification bodies in the world.
Our materials engineering experts are familiar with all relevant areas of real estate, industry, plants, and factories. So, This allows us to offer a wide range of services – from mechanical and chemical materials characterization to laboratory testing and on-site inspections – anywhere in the world.
- There is hardly a modern metal building that is not made of aluminum.
- Its physical properties make it an ideal material for construction projects.
- Aluminum is lightweight, yet strong and durable.
- It is more resistant to corrosion than many other materials, and its fluidity gives architects and designers great freedom.
- So, Aluminium is widely used in the construction of ceilings, walls, window frames, roofs, HVAC systems, and large stadiums, and sturdy bridges.
- Another Titanium lightweight and extremely strong metal that is popular in the construction industry.
- So, Titanium is particularly resistant to corrosion and is therefore widely used in heating and cooling systems. But, titanium is not limited to heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
- so, Pipes, roofs, and even some security systems are equipped with plates and frames to reinforce them.
- Copper is the oldest metal still use in construction today.
- And it is still one of the most versatile engineering materials in the world.
- But Copper’s unique combination of physical properties, electrical conductivity, corrosion resistance, durability, flexibility, and strength make it suitable for an almost infinite range of projects.
- so, In the construction industry, copper is most often used for cladding, electrical wiring, heating systems, oil and gas pipelines, drainage systems, and roofing.